Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A day at the VA

OK, just to see if anybody's watching the blog... (well, I don't see any comments!) Today I spent practically the whole day at the Veteran's Hospital in Miami. This is the main purpose of my coming up here--to get treatments every 6 months. In this case they were operating on both of my poor big tootsies. For some reason, probably related to too much "Oldic Acid" (as my buddy Tony Schmitz calls it) in my system, both toenails started becoming ingrown, but not at the end of the toe like normal. These were growing under the skin on the side of each toe. Gross, no? Well, the doctors were very kind, considerate and careful to make it as painless as possible. (The only pain was from the four shots in each toe to numb them.)

Most of the time I was waiting for doctors, picking up meds and setting up future appointments; that's why it took all day. My lovely daughter-in-law, Gianni, was so kind to insist on accompanying me, so the waiting wasn't at all tedious.

3 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm, hi Jere! I've wanted to make comments before but it looks like you have to choose an identity and other stuff I'm not sure about (do I have to have a blogger account?). I'll just type this and see what happens. This is Flinn. I love the blog! I love the pictures! I love the stories! I love you!
Love, Flinn aka Ooma (by Demetrius)

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bloggin helps keep the oldic acid away. McToners

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just seeing all the smiling faces -- from all over the globe -- is such a pleasure. And it almost makes me feel like I get to almost hug my family.

. . . but the Day at the VA -- that photo made me laugh out loud!

Gracias, hermano. David in Missoula.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home