Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Day Trip With The Lady

Yesterday I had a home inspection in Tilaran, near the Arenal Lake. It's beautiful country and a very lovely drive via our special Hammock Bridge route (see previous posts). Accompanying me was Jonia Dulie, my exotic and lovely companion for nearly 30 years. Normally she'd be in school, but now she's a retired lady so I had someone to talk to all the way.

Below is a photo I snapped of Tim and Michele who are standing on a property they are interested in buying. In the background is the 20 mile long, Lake Arenal. This is a pretty spectacular place! (As it turned out, the keys to the house I was to inspect were not available, so we talked about what modifications -I noted from the outside- were needed and had a nice afternoon together with this couple, whom we've known from previous visits they made to CR.)

On the way to the town of Tronadora ("place of thunder", called so because of the nearness to the very active Arenal Volcano) we passed these amazing, and huge, wind generators. There are miles of them in the distance and they are producing megawatts of electricity for Costa Rica's National Electric Company.
Then, after climbing back up into the mountains toward home, we watched this sunset unfolding over the Pacific--the end of a very nice day together...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home