Sunday, March 18, 2007

JJ's Gone!

For all of you who knew and loved our doggie, Jay Jay, (named by the grandchildren for the little cartoon airplane character), she was poisoned yesterday and was gone before I found out. (Had we known in time we could have saved her with some carbon anti-toxin pills we keep on hand--especially since she was such a large dog.)

A poisoned animal suffers horribly, and I'm very angry about this. Especially because she was loved by everybody and never bothered anyone or even barked at them. When the neighbors would meet her on the road going up the hill she would usually follow them up, wagging her tail and running ahead and back again to get a stroke.
She accompanied me on my daily walks up the hill, waiting patiently while I rested and then scampered on ahead when I started again.

Near the top of our grade there are about five other dogs who love to claim their territory when we walk by. JJ usually ignored them, but this encounter was a little more aggressive by the brown dog.
I'm still investigating the situation and believe I know who the person was who did this. They deny it so far, but I'm going to ask around at the feed store in town to see if I can find out who bought the poison recently. If I can prove who it is, I'll denounce them to the rural guard here. JJ deserves some justice!

4 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, Blogger Goal said...

I am sorry about your dog and I agree, you need to do something.

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger The Ruhes said...

Jere,

So sad to her about JJ! She went on so man hikes with us -- even the ones where we got lost and you had to pick us up and JJ would ride in the back of the car. And that bark of hers that betrayed the bit of beagle in her blood. We will remember her fondly! - Britt

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Sasha McKinney said...

Oh, this is so sad. I can't believe people are capable of killing an animal, especially in this way. I really hope you find the person who did this..
The last time someone poisoned our dogs was because they were trying to brake in. Was that the case this time?

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Diane said...

It's heartbreaking to see what people are capable of doing, especially to an innocent animal.

I remember the time when Aria and I, stay late outside to wash the "falling stars" and we fall asleep. When we wake up the dogs where sleeping with us (or almost on top of us). It's sad that now none of them is around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home