Monday, September 18, 2006

VA Update

Today was my last VA appointment with the Oncologist. He suggests that, even though there are light signs of metastasis on my hip and left rib, and the PSA is up to 21+, I should switch medicines and continue with the hormone-blocking shots I get every 3 months. He's scheduled me for an appointment in January and told me to let him know if the PSA holds or starts rising again.

This is the answer I was hoping for! It means that I can return home to CR tomorrow as planned. Yayyy! I'm really missing life there.

I have to say, however, that I'm deeply grateful for this opportunity to have been with Ali many times during these three weeks. We've had some real quality time together (which means a lot of laughs too!).

So, I'm off tomorrow, Tuesday, arriving at 9:30 PM in CR.

1 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Blogger juliet said...

We missed you! Give us a ring when you're in town next time. We'd love to see you!

Big hugs,
Juliet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home