Tuesday, October 10, 2006

One nevah knows, do one?

Every day when I walk out the front door I see this guy enjoying his hunting spot between the hanging plants. This is a typical garden spider from around here.
The turkey measures about 3 plus inches from spiderleg to spiderleg! There are a number of them around the yard. (You can zoom in on the photo for better detail. Noting that he's short one front leg. Can't tell you why that is. Maybe a bird got it.)
It's such a surprise to run into such a web when one is walking, for instance, between two trees (and not paying attention!)...the strength of the web is amazing! You practically bounce off the thing! (Not to mention wondering afterwards where that huge spider IS! To date I haven't gotten one in my hair...)

The following is a shot of the best juice! My new Vegan diet "requires" me to drink a bunch of glasses of this juiced extract of carrots/apples every day. What a pleasure; the combination is fabulous! (The Champion juicer is great to extract pure, pulp-less juice, which apparently makes the fruit/veggie combo simple to digest. The pulp goes in the compost.)

1 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger Sofia said...

Wow! That spider is horrifying-looking!!! And it explains A LOT! Gilberto would always FREAK OUT when I said I saw a spider and i would make fun of him... but now i understand why!! hahahahaha...eeek!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home