Wednesday, September 20, 2006

It's great to be home!

Since I arrived earlier than scheduled it was Julie instead of David who came to the airport to pick me up last night. She's driving with an expired license, plus she can't see very well at night! Anyway, the weather was good and she arrived just as I sat down outside the terminal.

What a joy it is to walk into my cozy lil' home...Julie's great about making everything spiffy and clean and full of flowers and plants, so you can't help but melt right in! She's always rearranging stuff, so that's a neat surprise too.

In spite of us both being pretty zonked by midnight, we slipped into the brand-new "600 thread count" sheets (which I got hooked--on from Ali's Ft. Lauderdale place. He keeps them on the bed there for when he travels down to work on the house. They're smooth as Satin) and talked on til even later. (I didn't steal his sheets; just bought some exactly like them :-) )

This morning I had my fresh fruit smoothie, got all unpacked, fixed the phone lines with help from David, installed a new phone in the apartment for our renter girl, Jennifer, (University for Peace student) and picked a fresh gardenia from the garden for my office...life is good!

Now I need to install an internet cable to Jennifer's room so she can hook up directly from her desk. She's been connecting to wireless, but has to sit out on the patio to get a good signal.

I was astonished this morning to see how fast Sasha has been learning. Check out Aria, James and Sasha's blog (link on the right) for the latest on this precocious lil girl!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home